Saturday, September 15, 2012

3 September 2012

 Country and Western Album - Forum 7G-501 - 1960 - It is obvious the selling point was the tearful southern style of Patsy Cline, but there is a whole slew of other stuff, some silly, some serious, all country & western. YEE-HAW!

 Blue Öyster Cult - Agents of Fortune - 1976 - The sheer amount and quality of mustaches that went into the making of this album makes it worth-while. I always get sentimental hearing "Don't fear the Reaper" because I remember Steve Tye playing an acoustic version at a show in a garage. The song following "E.T.I." really rock also.


Ray Charles - Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music - 1962 - Nothing makes Country 7 Western sound better than when it is sung by a, R&B / Jazz singer. "You Don't Know Me" is heartwrenchingly good. The only thing that would make this album better would be if there were no WASP / Disney backup choir on every song.

 Lionel Hampton - Swingin' With Hamp! - 1956 - This album is pretty fun Jazz. My wife said it was a little chaotic, which I can see since when I hear it I think of Tom & Jerry cartoons. It's Good none-the-less.

Johnny Cash - Greatest! - 1959 - Let me start by saying that I have way too many Johnny Cash albums (which you will soon see). This one always catches my eye first though. It doesn't have my favorite songs, though there is a Roy Orbison song, but it is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment