Saturday, September 15, 2012

26 August 2012

 Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix - 2009 - This is a pop album, an inventive, fresh, comfortable, interesting, evocative pop album. These french guys are basically a boy band minus the spray tan, bleached hair, and horrible songs. In fact, they are so good it makes me want to sell all of my instruments and take up knitting.

 The Dead Milkmen - Beelzebubba - 1988 - I think that it is fitting that I bought this at a public library book sale, if you look closely you can see the "discard" stamp. I think that the best way to describe them is as if Bevis and Butthead learned to play guitars and started a punk band. I don't even know if you can call it punk though. I think that they are just trying to be stupid and funny and happen to be a band. I mean with songs about drinking bleach, living in a trailer park, different smells that emanate from the human body, and numerous mocking references to rock bands like the Who, the Beach Boys and the Beatles... you have to laugh out loud, and I do.


Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Get Happy! - 1980 - Not necessarily a continuous string of hits, in my opinion, but still a characteristically awesome album. It is kinda weird, the track listings on the sleeve doesn't match the one on the disk.

No comments:

Post a Comment